Set yourself up to enjoy the warm weather in your rental home with these Spring maintenance tips.
Check the Air Conditioning
- Test the air conditioner — before the weather gets hot — to make sure it’s cooling and working properly.
- Change the air conditioning filter every month for efficiency and cleanliness.
- Keep the outside air conditioning unit free from obstruction and debris.
Clean the Exterior
- Clean gutters and keep them free of debris to prevent water from entering the house during rainy downpours. Ensure all water is flowing away from the house.
- Mow the grass and trim shrubs regularly. This will promote stronger grass, even growing and a great looking lawn.
- Frequent watering when the weather is hot and dry will help prevent scorching and brown spots from cropping up in the lawn.
Inspect Windows & Doors
- Examine storm windows and doors for their condition, overall operation and fit and functionality of the hardware.
- When you’re away from the house, keep windows closed and latched to prevent water intrusion and damage.
Test Smoke Detectors
- Clean all detectors. Dust and contaminants can interfere with a smoke alarm’s ability to detect smoke.
- Test all smoke detectors to ensure the battery and alarm sounder are operating.
I completely agree with you when you said that people who are living in rented communities should examine their windows for their condition and hardware functionality. In my opinion, one necessary maintenance tip is to have its tint replaced or repaired by a professional service. Doing this will help keep a home warm while preventing one’s HVAC from using too much energy in keeping it cozy. https://gosolartech.com/3m-automotive-films-2/