Set yourself up to enjoy the warm weather in your rental home with these Spring maintenance tips.
Check the Air Conditioning
- Test the air conditioner — before the weather gets hot — to make sure it’s cooling and working properly.
- Change the air conditioning filter every month for efficiency and cleanliness.
- Keep the outside air conditioning unit free from obstruction and debris.
Clean the Exterior
- Clean gutters and keep them free of debris to prevent water from entering the house during rainy downpours. Ensure all water is flowing away from the house.
- Mow the grass and trim shrubs regularly. This will promote stronger grass, even growing and a great looking lawn.
- Frequent watering when the weather is hot and dry will help prevent scorching and brown spots from cropping up in the lawn.
Inspect Windows & Doors
- Examine storm windows and doors for their condition, overall operation and fit and functionality of the hardware.
- When you’re away from the house, keep windows closed and latched to prevent water intrusion and damage.
Test Smoke Detectors
- Clean all detectors. Dust and contaminants can interfere with a smoke alarm’s ability to detect smoke.
- Test all smoke detectors to ensure the battery and alarm sounder are operating.