The kids are back at school, the smell of pumpkin spice is in the air and sweater weather is just around the corner. Follow these simple steps to make sure your autumn is enjoyable and free of home maintenance woes.
- Test the heat to make sure it is operating correctly – don’t wait for a chilly day.
- Change or clean the furnace filter monthly.
- Confirm that the exterior lights are working. Also, check smoke detector(s) batteries and change if necessary.
- Make sure exterior railing on steps, decks and walkways are secure and not loose. Handrails should be able to support someone slipping/falling due to ice or snow.
- Chimney fires are dangerous! Be sure to have your fireplace and chimney cleaned. This should be done after each season.
- Check your gutters, downspouts and stairwell drain to ensure they are free of leaves and other debris. Notify your Maintenance Coordinator if there is a problem. * (Please, refer to Para. 15, Sec. 5 of your lease agreement for your responsibilities regarding gutter/downspout cleaning.)
- Take this opportunity to also note any vegetation growth that may affect the roof or other structures and need to be trimmed.
We appreciate your attention to these fall home maintenance items! Addressing them now will ensure a comfortable transition between seasons and proper care of your home. Plus, it will help keep you from having problems when the cold weather hits.
Should you have questions or need assistance with any of these maintenance items, we’re here to help. You can reach your appropriate PPM Maintenance Coordinator at the applicable team number/extension:
Blue Team 703-642-3010 x 104 | Red Team 703-642-3010 x 117 |
Green Team 703-639-1990 x 206
Or use our handy online form to submit a request maintenance.
From all of us at PPM, happy autumn!
Leave a Reply